These six fashion editor approved essentials are sure to get you noticed this fashion week…
- Cool Outerwear: A/W fashion week falls in the beginning of February every year so it’s inevitable that outerwear will be a staple of your ensemble. Our fave for the past couple of seasons has been the tomboy-chic bomber also referred to as a varsity jacket. The best way to get noticed by the massive heard of street style photogs patrolling NYC during NYFW is by choosing one in a bold print. Floral or a black and white window pane print are our top picks.
- Wild Carryall: Whether you’re a blogger going from show to show or just a fashionable onlooker checking out the runway via Style.com, having a chic carryall in your closet is a must. All-over logo prints are everywhere for Spring. If incorporating them into a piece of clothing is too much, why not try an accessory? We like the MCM’s revamped backpack – they had a serious moment in the 90s hip hop scene. (Can’t you totally see Lil Kim rocking one?!) And, hey, IT IS Throwback Thursday, after all!
- Shades: When getting snapped avoid the curse of camera shyness while, ahem, covering up your unwanted eye circles with a kooky pair of sunnies. The weeklong cycle of parties, shows, and madness are bound to take their toll and when they do show ’em who’s boss. Take charge with a wacky color or bold-shaped frame. Oversized Miu Miu cat eyes? Don’t mind if we do!
- Ankle Strap Heels: NYC is generally a walking city. When you’re traveling around the island during NYFW it’s cabs, cabs, cabs. And, the subway, sometimes – if we have to. If your main mode of transport for the week will bring you from cab to curb, wear your heels! Right now we are mega-obsessed with ankle-strap pumps. Splurge on a pair of Alexander Wang’s or steal these floral print statement-makers from Target for $29.99.
- Phone Charger: I mean, the whole point of going to NYFW is to brag about it on Instagram, right? Yeah, we thought so. With all the snapping you’ll be doing it’s a smart move or shall we say power play to suit ip your iPhone with an all-in-one case charger. Because, let’s be honest – having a dead battery in NOT CHIC.
- Crop Top: If you haven’t noticed, skin is in. Yes, even in winter! Show off those mid drifts in a transitional winter-to-spring boxy crop top. Feeling eccentric? Pair it with a matching bottom – cigarette pants or a full skirt – for a suit that is sure to get your on every street style blog this NYFW 2014. Maybe even ours? 😉